Datasets on protected species are available, covering the following designations as per the Standard Minimum Service for the East of England:
- Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 Schedules 1, 5, & 8
- Protection of Badgers Act 1992
- Conservation of Habitats and Species Regs Schedules 2 & 5
- Bonn Convention Appendix 1 &2
- Bern Convention Annex 1 & 2
- Birds Directive Annex 1
- Habitats Directive Annex 2, 4 & 5
- NERC Act 2006 Section 41
- LBAP and UK BAP species
- IUCN Red List species
- Red and Amber List bird species
- Nationally Notable species
- Locally Rare species
Data is supplied as ArcGIS polygon shapefiles at 1km resolution, along with full details including full grid references where available (up to 10m or less resolution), data source, and full designation information. If you require data in another format please contact us. For further details of exactly what protected species data we hold please see our Metadata Statement or contact us.
Schedule 9 (invasive non-native species) and Veteran tree datasets are supplied as separate point datasets at full resolution (usually 10m or less).