Essex Wildlife Trust has over 2000 volunteers that help out with a variety of tasks, from admin work and helping to run our visitor centres, to practical conservation work and helping with surveys. At the records centre we are dependent on our volunteers for much of our survey work, and they also assist us in data collation and digitisation, planning surveys and mapping the results.
Most of our survey work is done between March and September, but some surveys can be done in the winter months and data collation and analysis takes place all year round.
Get involved! Join the Essex Wildlife Trust survey team
- For a summary of the surveys we do please see our survey leaflet, or click here for more details of individual surveys.
- If you are interested in data collation or project work please contact us for details, or see our projects page
- Attend our annual volunteer day to find out more and talk to conservation staff
- Attend a training course to improve your identification skills
- Send us your species records via our online recording forms, or via email